Sunday 23 August 2015

under the boardwalk

This morning I have been watching (somewhat guiltily) the passing parade of joggers, moving with purpose and energy along the boardwalk. It has been months since I have walked regularly; the cold weather, travel and then the last month or more caring for my father have meant little time or energy. This last week I made the hour journey from Launceston to Devonport three times, attending appointments with the doctor, lawyer and bank alongside my father as well as organising a visit from the Aged Care Assessment Team. Helping him remain at home and living independently is the aim. The next month or so will probably be pretty much the same.

At the end of the day, my mind busy and my body tired, the boardwalk is a place to 'just be'. This last week there was even some warmth in the late afternoon sun, the water still and silent, a mirror beneath the boardwalk reflecting another passing parade...






No comments:

Post a Comment