Saturday 27 February 2016

living

My father turned 76 today. His birthday present was a family mystery 'bus trip' to.....

A month or so ago when there was one of those super tattslotto draws, win 40 million, I asked my father what he would do if he won. "Maybe you think I am stupid, if I win I buy a tractor, the best one. I always wanted to drive a tractor, go round the paddock, smell the grass, looking around, beautiful. I always wish I had a tractor."

He didn't win tattslotto and he couldn't buy a tractor but my sister has a friend with one. And so today, for his birthday, we took him on 'the party bus' to a property on the outskirts of Latrobe where a tractor was waiting, all ready for him to slash some grass. The sky was blue, the sun shone, there was a gentle breeze, the countryside was green and my father had the most perfect hour or so fulfilling a dream.

getting instructions

practice run

going solo


look, no hands

a dream fulfilled

Even towards the end of life there is still time for living and for making memories and for some dreams to come true.

P.S A very big thank you to Warren and Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment