Sunday 21 February 2016

in my kitchen

This last week there has been time, time for lots of things that have been waiting for slower days.

In my kitchen;

the raspberries that were frozen have been turned into muffins


the basil that was going to seed has been turned into cubes of pesto ready to freeze


the ripe tomatoes from my mother's garden have been turned into the perfect lunch


the bottled tomatoes and the frozen rabbit stored from my father's place have been turned into pasta sauce



In my pantry;

are rows of pickled, preserved and bottled 'stuff' stored from my fathers place



In my laundry cupboard;

are rows of home made liqueur also stored from my fathers place



On my balcony;

the herbs have gone to seed, parsley, basil, oregano, thyme and mint, sending pink and white flowers heavenward



the new seedlings sit beside the old, herbs at the end of their life and herbs at the beginning




No comments:

Post a Comment